Thursday, August 27, 2009

How To Get Rid Of Dry Mouth

Review: Grace (2009)

By Francisco Acuña

YEAR: 2009.
DIRECTOR: Paul Solet.
PERFORMERS: Gabrielle Rose, Jordan Ladd, Malcolm Stewart and Serge Houde.

Every year we have several movies that are spoken and promises long before its release and with just a few people who saw it, ABEC expectations are fulfilled, others are in middle ground, sometimes unfortunately not. We can say that this is one of the movies I had more desire to see since I started to hear what "extreme" that was, try to convince myself not to get my hopes too, after all, just said to "Martyrs' and remaining term in the field of anyone leaving me rather indifferent.

The film tells the story of how Madeline 8 months pregnant lost her baby in a tragic accident, but she decides to continue the pregnancy, at the time of delivery, the baby miraculously comes alive, the trouble is that Grace has an appetite and a taste for blood.

I always thought that the more "virgin" watch a movie better do what I mean? A I believe that before seeing a movie makes me right, like a lot, watch the trailer, posters and see if you have an interesting cast and director, everything else in my opinion, it goes, this invasion of clips, and advertising that ABC can get to mystify a movie without even having released. That happened to me Grace, I saw a lot of material written much publicity, saying it was a movie and crudísima unbearable, and my expectations were so high that only the best outcome would please me, and Grace is a little far from excellent, but I can ensure that it is a most outstanding films of the year. Overall

I accept the uncomfortable feeling that makes all the movie, from beginning to end without leaving empty spots, sometimes it can get a little slow, but this serves to frustrate (good shape) to the viewer, is very interesting drawing and deterioration suffered some very interesting characters and their relationship with the way the movie sets, never taking anything for granted, and without explanation directly, so we get our own assumptions, also the plot unfolds in a fairly well structured, but without falling into cliches, very interesting and not let us know that can happen in the next minutes.

Jordan Ladd, Grace's mother grabs a very good performance, the film rests on her shoulders and she maintains an admirable way, too, Gabrielle Rose, Grace's grandmother, who despite his presumed madness only wants is good for her granddaughter and indulge their maternal instincts, even that is a selfish way, this movie is not good or bad, everyone has a prism of their views that ABC is blurred by their own frustrations, that little little can be converted into insanity under the extreme situation in which they live.

The script even that simple to blame for never lose that spark of originality, but if you can leave ABC go with the cheap sensationalism, music, or note, may have played more with that aspect but I have wasted so much at stake.

Finally, Grace is a highly recommended film to have a hard time in the best sense of the word, has put obstacles in its development, but nothing serious, she gave some characters less for more and I would have liked a little more footage, the story had more to tell, but it remains an excellent example of different films.

best:
-poor milk throughout their length.
-shots and camera angles, although they may seem minimalist and simple, are beautiful.

Worst:
"I had more to tell.
"Some may find it tedious.
"I expected something more."

for me: 7.8/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment